“A CITY BESTOWED WITH UNIQUE NATURAL RESOURCES THAT PROMOTES THE WELL-BEING OF ITS CITIZENS THROUGH SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT”
- To establish, maintain and preserve communal forests, watersheds, tree parks and mangroves, greenbelts, commercial forest products like industrial tree farms and Agro-forestry projects and provides technical assistance thereto.
- To develop appropriate environmental measures/policies relative to environmental pollution and waste management in accordance to RA-9275 (Comprehensive Waste Quality Management Act), RA-9003 (Solid Waste Management Act of 2000), RA-8749 (Comprehensive Air Pollution Control Act).
- To enforce the small Mining Act of 1991 (RA-7076) and PD 1899 and devolved function of the Philippines Mining Act of 1995 (RA-7942).
- To coordinate the conduct of information and education, in proper environment and management with concerned LGU agencies, NGAs and NGOs.
- To establish harmonious working relationship among all CLENRO personnel by providing venue for enhancing skills and professional development.
- To protect through enforcement of the laws, national and local.
- Formulate measures for the consideration of the Sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the City Mayor in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to environment and natural resources as provided for under Section 17 of the Local Government Code of 1991.
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the City Mayor, implements the same, particularly those which have to do with environment and natural resources programs and projects which the City Mayor and the Sanggunian is empowered to implement and provide for under this code.
- Be in the front-line of the delivery of services concerning the environment and natural resources particularly in the renewal and rehabilitation of the environment and in the aftermath of man-made and natural calamities.
- Recommend to the Sanggunian and advise the City Mayor on all matters relative to the protection, conservation, maximum utilization application of appropriate technology and other matters related to the environment and natural resources.
- Establish, maintain, protect and preserve communal forests, watersheds, tree parks, mangroves, greenbelts, and similar forest projects and commercial forests like industrial tree farms and agro-forestry projects.
- Provide extension services to beneficiaries of forest development projects and technical, financial and infrastructure assistance.
- Manage and maintain seed banks and produce seedlings for forest and tree parks.
- Provide extension services to beneficiaries of forest development projects and render assistance for natural resources-related conservation and utilization activities consistent with ecological balance.
- Coordinate with government agencies and non-government organizations in the implementation of measures to prevent and control land, air, and water pollution with the assistance of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
- Performs devolved functions from DENR and assist them in the implementation of laws, rules and regulations.
TIMELINE OF OICs AND CLENR-OFFICERS:
|KAG. ALVIN R. CALINGIN
|KAG. EMMANUEL D. ABEJUELA
|MS. ESTRELLA F. SAGARAL
|ENGR. NOEL S. GOMEZ
|ARCH. ERLINDA D. NOVAL
|MS. ZAIDA D. TAN NERY
|MS. GRESCILDA M. JOSON
|ENGR. MARIO V. BATAR
|ENGR. ISIDRO G. BORJA
|MS. VIRGINIA S. DEGUINION
|MR. EDWIN I. DAEL
|ENGR. ARMEN A. CUENCA
||2018 - Present